Why settle them?
According to the new law, from July 2011, it is illegal to transfer title of ownership on a property which is not covered in full by a building permit.
The settlement of any irregularities can considerably increase the value of a building, which is obviously an advantage when buying or selling it.
The cost of this settlement is considerably less than the fine sustained should the building remain without a permit.
Connection to mains networks such as electricity and water is permissible once the first instalment of the settlement has been paid.
Procedure – supporting documents
Our office will help you through every step of the settlement procedure, and will ensure that the settlement is completed successfully. The following supporting documents will be necessary to start the settlement procedure for your property:
List of Documents:
- Application form
- Two copies of the affirmation (law 1599/86) of the owner’s personal details, in which the building without permit is described
- Receipt from the Greek State for the sum of 500€, 1000€ or 2000€, depending on the size of space which is to be settled
- Counterfoil of any existing building permit, topographical map and floor plan of the space, if all these have been issued
- Engineer’s technical report
- Estimate of the settlement fine (completed by the engineer)